These tools may help rid a computer system of malware but be warned they can be very destructive to your system. In other words if you don’t know what you’re doing then backup what you can and take it to a professional.
- Ad-Aware - This seems to be a popular click and point tool
- Spybot - Search & Destroy - Same as above
- RootkitRevealer - Older tool but still useful
- GMER - Great manual tool but can cause more damage than good if you do not know what you are doing.
- HijackThis - Similar to above, if you do not know what to remove manually then be careful as you could damage your system.
- McAfee Labs Stinger - Detection tool from McAfee
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit - Requires sign-up to download, annoying to say the least
Of course keep your current anti-spyware and virus installs and definitions up2date.